Hone your analytics skills through intensive data competitions sponsored by Wharton Customer Analytics
How it works
- A company shares their data and presents a real-world business challenge relating to data strategy, data collection, or data analysis.
- Self-formed student teams have anywhere from one day to two weeks to analyze the dataset using programming languages and tools of their choice (i.e., Python, R) and create a statistical model that helps to solve the business challenge.
- Participating teams present their findings and recommendations to the company at a datathon symposium.
- The company selects a winning team based on their ingenuity and strategic solutions.
- If feasible, the company implements the winning team’s model and recommendations into their business practices.
- Skill Development
- Develop highly marketable skills through hands-on experience with the latest tools and programming languages in data analytics
- Networking and Recruiting
- Gain exposure to executives at leading companies who are looking for top talent just like you
- Real-World Impact
- Work with real-world datasets to help companies solve an actual business challenge
Spring 2019 Evite Datathon
On February 22, 2019, Wharton Customer Analytics welcomed Evite — a Los Angeles-based online invitations and RSVP platform — to the culmination of WCA’s spring datathon. Student teams of all years across Wharton and Penn gathered in Steinberg-Dietrich Hall to present their findings to the Evite representatives: CEO Victor Cho, W’93.
Previous Datathon Partners
For more information on datathons, contact Matt Gray.