August 4, 2015 | WCAI Staff | August 4, 2015
Now Accepting Proposals for Supply Chain Dataset
Thanks for joining Friday’s webinar, "Consumer Purchase Histories and Product Supply Data for a Quick Service Restaurant Chain." If you missed the event, you can review the recording at the Research Opportunity page. We are accepting proposal submissions until Monday, August 17, 2015. Full details and announcement below.
Update: The deadline has passed for submitting proposals for this Research Opportunity.
WCAI’s newest dataset is from an independent purchasing cooperative that serves as a supplier to a major quick service restaurant chain. This unique dataset, which will allow researchers to explore research questions at the intersection of customer purchase behavior and supply chain management, consists of data collected from approximately 10,000 restaurant locations across 4 geographic regions, and contains all purchases made by customers over the course of two years.
In addition to typical transaction data, awarded teams will also have access to detailed information about what products each customer purchased, the ingredients used in that product, information about quality complaints, customer survey results, allowing a comprehensive view of the product and service quality for each customer purchase. Since some customers shop at the establishment multiple times per week, the dataset provides an opportunity for a deep dive into how perceived quality affects repeat purchasing (and customer lifetime value).
The dataset includes:
- transaction information such as which menu item(s) were purchased, quantities of each item, and any discounts/promotions applied to the order
- ingredient lists for individual menu items
- records of complaints submitted by customers linked to individual restaurants, including the date on which the complaint occurred, a description of the issue, and the product(s) affected
- metadata on specific restaurant, including location, open/close date, and store type (such as street store vs. food court storefront)
While the data sponsor is open to all kinds of proposals, possible avenues of investigation might include exploring:
- drivers of customer lifetime value
- effects of restaurant employees on customers satisfaction, complaints, and sales
- the impact of product quality on sales and future customer behavior
- if and how certain products and/or limited-time offers drive profitability, attracting new customers, and driving customer visits
- predicting customer reactions to limited-time offers
Interested researchers can view the webinar describing the data here and submit proposals using the WCAI Proposal Submission Portal by Monday, August 17, 2015 to receive access to the data. Researchers are encouraged to review proposal submission guidelines and FAQs before submitting their proposal. Additional questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to receive alerts when new datasets are announced.