March 16, 2015 | WCAI Staff
Annalect Dataset Open for Proposals
Annalect hopes to improve attribution models and understand an ad's role in purchase. Dataset includes 30 million ad exposures and 1 million conversions for 10.8 million cookies over 60 days.
Thanks for joining Friday’s webinar with Annalect: From Creative to Conversion: Examining the Relationships between Online Display Advertising and Customer Conversion for an Internationl Travel and Tourism Company. If you missed the event, you can review the recording at the Annalect Research Opportunity page. We are accepting proposal submissions until March 30, 2015. Full details and announcement below.
FROM CREATIVE TO CONVERSION: EXAMINING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ONLINE DISPLAY ADVERTISING AND CUSTOMER CONVERSION FOR AN INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL & TOURISM COMPANY
Annalect hopes to improve attribution models and understand an ad’s role in purchase. Dataset includes 30 million ad exposures and 1 million conversions for 10.8 million cookies over 60 days.
The Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative is delighted to announce a rich new dataset sponsored by Annalect, the data management division of the Omnicom Group, a leading global advertising and marketing communications services company. This dataset includes over 30 million exposures to email and online display advertisements from an international travel & tourism company, as well as more than 1 million conversions at the company’s website. Researchers will be able to track exposures, clicks, and conversions for 10.8 million individual users (tracked by cookies) for ~60 days. As tourism consumers typically shop over the course of several weeks, this gives researchers the opportunity to explore how customers search for information about a highly-considered product and how advertising affects the path to purchase.
The dataset includes:
- details about the exposure, including the type of ad, identifier for the creative, size of the creative, where the ad appeared on the page, and the campaign the creative was part of
- information about whether the user clicked on the ad, and if that click eventually led to a conversion
- the type of conversion the user engaged in, such as exploring destinations or receiving a booking confirmation
- flags estimating purchase behavior at the cookie level
Annalect seeks innovative and creative models that use this data to provide insight into advertising, attribution, and consumer search.
Potential research areas could include:
- improving attribution models
- understanding advertising effects on path to purchase
- predicting conversion based on prior browsing behavior
- detecting returning users who are browsing on a different device, or have cleared their cookies
Interested researchers can view the webinar recording and submit proposals here by March 30, 2015 to receive access to the data. Proposals will be evaluated based on their potential for academic contribution and the researcher’s ability to address issues of strategic importance to the program sponsor.