The Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative is searching for dynamic speakers and technical workshop instructors for the 2018 Conference, Successful Applications of Customer Analytics.
The purpose of the conference is to provide audience members with cutting-edge analytics resources. These resources are examples — provided by speakers — that illustrate how the organization has successfully implemented or innovated existing customer analytics practices as well as give access to a network of leading analytics professionals.
The typical audience is a wide range of professionals from just about every industry (check out our past conferences to see complete lists of attendees). Most audience members are mid to senior level managers of data science or marketing teams. The event boasts an audience size of approximately 250 people.
As the keystone event for the Initiative, the annual conference has a reputation for delivering highly relevant content for our audiences. Here are a few of our “Greatest Hits” from past events:
Presenting on the Successful Applications of Customer Analytics stage provides an opportunity to share your organization’s innovations and establish yourself as an authority in the field of analytics, you’ll also have the opportunity to meet other like-minded leaders and professionals.
Interested in teaching a technical workshop? Here are the specifics:
- Using the form below, you will be required to submit examples of previous teaching engagements, a brief biography, along with a summary and curriculum for the proposed workshop. If you wish, you may apply to both teach a workshop and present at the conference.
- Pre-conference workshops for 2018 will be held on May 9 from 2:00 – 5:00 PM on Wharton’s campus.
- Pre-conference technical workshops are typically three hours in length and provide our attendees an opportunity to receive hands-on training from professionals who use data analytics skills every day. Past workshops include Python, Applied Predictive Modeling, and Advertising Measurement using the R Language. For complete workshop descriptions, check out the 2017 conference page.
- Every Wharton classroom provides ample in-room technology. Instructors will have access to projectors, whiteboards, a slide advancer, microphone, multiple screens, in-room computer and technical assistance.
Interested in being a conference presenter? Here are the specifics:
- Using the form below, you will be required to submit examples of previous speaking engagements, a brief biography, along with a summary and curriculum for the proposed workshop. If you wish, you may apply to both teach a workshop and present at the conference.
- The 2018 conference is May 10 from 8:30 AM to about 5:00 PM (exact timing is still being determined) at the Inn @ Penn.
- Speaker slots are typically 20 – 25 minutes long with 10 minutes of Q&A moderated by either a member of the WCAI leadership or a Wharton student.
- Instead of running a microphone, we typically use an online portal called Pigeonhole to run Q&A.
- Presentations should be a specific example of your experience with customer analytics. This can include new ways that you implemented analytics into your organization or different ways you’ve innovated your customer analytics practices. WCAI is searching for successful data analytics applications that are detailed-oriented without being too technically dense.
If you are selected, we require the following from each of our speakers:
- Two to three phone calls with WCAI leadership to discuss your content.
- A draft of your presentation should be completed three weeks before the event and a final version delivered five days before the conference.
- Signed Media Release and completed speaker intake form.
- Media participation is always encouraged and helps WCAI market the conference, but it’s understood it’s not always possible given the subject matter. Preference will be given to instructors and speakers who are willing to share their content with audience members and allow WCAI to post it on our website after the event.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST.
If you’re ready to apply to Succesful Applications of Customer Analytics, please complete the form below. If you have any questions, please reach out to Rachel Dutcher at firstname.lastname@example.org