The Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative is looking to provide implementable solutions to companies who are ready to bring their most pressing marketing and analytics problems, and a committed point person, “to the table.” WCAI wants to help push your company to the next level of critical decision-making, informed by your customer data and the Initiative’s deep knowledge of best practices in customer analytics methods. Whether you have data to analyze, or are in need of a road map to begin, WCAI wants to hear from you.
We are looking for problems that fall into any of the following tracks:
Track 1: DATA STRATEGY
Includes problems where the company is in the early stages of developing a long-term analytics plan or seeks strategic direction upon which to launch and prioritize its data collection activities
- Data collection is not included in this track and would be completed by the company after the project. Deliverables will be a plan format. Examples include:
- Field experiment design
- CRM system architecture
Track 2: DATA COLLECTION
Includes problems that require data collection and descriptive analysis
- Potential next steps will be presented as suggestions beyond the project
- Deliverables will be in the form of a data file. Examples include:
- Survey design and implementation
- Web scraping to capture and append external 3rd party data to internal company data
- Conjoint Analysis to understand product attribute preferences among a customer base
- Holdout tests to measure email campaign profitability
Track 3: DATA ANALYSIS
Includes problems where the company has already captured data, but the next steps are not clear
- This track may include data cleaning, documenting, identifying and fitting of predictive models to company data
- Deliverables might be in the form of code and a plan document. Examples include:
- Customer Segmentation and Latent State Identification for Hidden Markov Models
- Application of other models such as Churn, CLV or Advertising Attribution
Applications will be accepted through September 10th by 11:59 PM EST and WCAI will select up to three winners. Then, a carefully assembled team of Penn students will devote 100+ hours to deliver a solution back to the company. WCAI will provide faculty leadership, technical assistance, and project management for each student team.
Who is Eligible?
Companies from all industries, sectors, and stages of growth are welcome. No geographic restrictions apply.
Must be able to offer a company representative who can commit to a minimum of 10 hours/week for 4 weeks, and must be available on the following dates & times:
- Monday, October 1st, 2018 from 4pm – 8pm
- Weekly Meetings from October 1st – October 31st, 2018 with student team
- Thursday, November 1st – Friday, November 2nd, 2018
Questions? Email email@example.com